Thursday, May 3, 2012

Are we there yet

Welcome to our corner of the world.. this blog is here for me to put our photos of our trip around Australia and I bet there will be a few because I go no where without my camera!!!!
We bought ourselves a short based coaster bus, chosen because this one will park in a normal parking spot without too much trouble, it will also go down most tracks. We're powered with plenty of solar panels and lots of batteries to go with it, its no good having solar power without the batteries to match, we have 600w on the roof for REAL cloudy days.. we're expecting a few of those. Mind you the generator in the boot will be there for emergencies. We've got a gas fridge and a fridge/freezer portable that will run off the batteries. Because we're not following the hot weather around we thought it best to take lots to do along with us... I think we have plenty to do inside and outside the bus.
Our trip will be a slow, leisurely meander around the country in any direction we feel like going at the time, I think that might be a real relaxing way to go. Well, enough of me chatting and bring on some photos eh! These are for you out there who would love to see more of our beautiful country and for my family who want to know where we are and what we're up to. In these photographs you will see a lot of Bruce, he is a stuffed kookaburra my good friend Pam gave me before we left. I was concerned about leaving one of my pets behind, Charlie a well loved lorikeet I hand raised and am very close to, she said that I needed to take a feathered friend along with me so not to miss Charlie so much.... so Bruce is coming with us :)
Well..... here we go then :)
Are we there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment