Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mt Robinson rest area

Mt Robinson rest area is 109km NW of Newman, its near an opening of a small gorge that we walked up and you can also walk up the hill to get a beautiful veiw of the surrounds. This was a nice over night stop with a drop toilet and a dump point. It seems popular as there were a few caravans parking up for the night, there are also shaded picnic tables and it's off the highway.
I found this bloke and of course I had my camera with me :)
Here are some photos from the top, it's a steep walk but well worth it
Then we headed off down the gorge. I loved the colours in the rocks
And how the trees cling to the walls and floor..... so cool!
Look how this one twists
Looking up at the trees clinging to the sides
I'm there somewhere..... lol








No comments:

Post a Comment