Saturday, July 21, 2012

Onslow

We actually stopped at the look out to watch the salt mine at work and of course I took a couple of shots.... Onslow was a really RV friendly town, it has a grey/black water dump and a fresh water tap for travellers. The local shop carries most everything you want... but there could be a fuel shortage, depending on when they get their fuel, when we were there we had to wait a day to fill up with diesel.. but that was OK because there are a few camping spots and I've been told it real good fishing there. We don't fish so....... but I was told :) I am fascinated with the rivers though, they have these large bridges spanning over dry river beds, to imagine them over flowing at times boggles the mind!
Here are the pics I took of the salt mine.. the pile makes the trucks look like tonka toys!
One of the rivers there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment